Tips to Make the Most of the Festival
To maximize your enjoyment, here are some helpful tips in planning your trip to the Mountain View Art & Wine Festival, September 9-10, 2023, presented by the Mountain View Chamber of Commerce:
- NO PETS, PLEASE. Pets are not allowed at the festival. For the safety, comfort, and courtesy of your pets and festival-goers, please leave your pets at home. Large crowds make it a very stressful and dangerous environment for pets.
- The use of Segways is prohibited on the festival grounds.
- Dress comfortably, put on some sunscreen, perhaps wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear shoes you feel comfortable strolling in. The festival covers several city blocks.
- Consider backpacking children. Strollers are difficult to navigate through crowds.
- Pay for drink tickets and glasses using any major credit card at all Ticket/Glass booths spread throughout the festival.
- Bring cash for food. Most food vendors don’t accept credit cards.
- Don’t fill up on food at the first food booth you see. Stroll around to get a flavor of the offerings, then sample several dishes that appeal to you.
- Think about holiday shopping when browsing arts and crafts booths. Festivals offer unique gifts you can stash away until December.
- Consider using public transportation. Get public transit details.
- Some free vehicle parking available on streets and parking plazas surrounding the downtown area. Some free and public parking lots are also available. See free and public parking lot locations.